SOAR: A WEEKEND CAMP FOR ADULTS WITH DISABILITIES
2023 SESSION DATE: Sept. 29 to Oct. 1 weekend
Camp Shalom offers the opportunity for adults with disabilities to “Soar” as they challenge themselves to maximize their potential. There will be a 3-day/2-night session available.
Several adjustments are made for this camp session. The staff-to-camper ratio is much smaller, and the number of activities each day is reduced. Otherwise, it's camp as usual. Campers will have the opportunity to experience new and exciting things and learn more about themselves.
Campers will sleep in cabins, go canoeing, climb a rock wall, fly down the zip-line, shoot archery, and participate in many other activities. Most importantly, Soar campers will be accompanied by the incredible staff members at Camp Shalom who will keep them safe and make sure they have fun.
Health and Wellness
- HYGIENE: Camp Shalom asks that all campers be able to care of their own hygienic needs.
- MEDICATIONS: Camper medications must be prepared in a multi-dose or medication cassette. Prepackaged medications must have a separate compartment for each day and time they are to be administered.
- All campers must have a Health History completed as part of the online registration process.
- Camp Shalom is an alcohol, drug, and tobacco-free facility.
- An individual must be medically stable and must not be a safety risk to self or others (behaviorally, sexually, or physically) in order to attend Camp Shalom.
- Camp Shalom reserves the right to determine an individual’s ability to attend camp or camper events.
- DIETARY CONCERNS: Camp Shalom can accommodate most dietary needs.
- SKILLED NURSING: Camp Shalom does not have skilled nursing on-site. However, medical services are nearby should the need arise. Medications are dispensed by the Healthcare Coordinator who is certified as a Medications Manager.
- 2023 SESSION DATE: Sept. 29 to Oct. 1 weekend
- Cost: $225
- CHECK-IN: At camp: 5:00PM the first day of camp.
- PICK-UP: At camp: 10AM the last day of camp.
- WAIVER PROGRAMS: Camp Shalom does not accept waivers at this time.
- TRANSPORTATION: Camp Shalom has a transportation option, to and from our camp in Maquoketa. The pick up and drop off location is HDC on Brady Street in Davenport (4201 N. Brady St.). Time of pick up: 4PM on 10/29/23, and drop off will be at 11AM on 10/1/23.
- Medications are required to be in the original container or prescription bottle.The Camp Shalom Health Coordinators are licensed as Medication Managers and they are not allowed to distribute any medications that are not in original containers. Thank you for your cooperation.
TO REGISTER: You can register online or call the Camp Shalom office at 563-323-2790 for assistance.